Ok. Don’t @ us, but these are all regular recipes. You only have to decorate them festive to call them festive recipes! We’ll start off easy…
- Cake Mix
- Lollipop Sticks
- Things to decorate; chocolate, frosting, sweets etc.
- Head down to your local Target and pick up a cake mix to save yourself the effort.
- Follow the box instructions to bake the cake.
- Follow the box instructions to make the frosting.
- Crumble the cake into the frosting in a large bowl.
- Roll the mixture into circles, place onto lollipop sticks and leave overnight in the fridge to set.
- Remove cake pops from fridge, and cover in your favorite melted chocolate.
- Decorate as desired! Try using green frosting to make a Christmas tree, and add some sprinkles!
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons Ginger, Ground
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon, Ground
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg, Ground
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- Ready to Use Piped Icing
- Mix flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg and salt in large bowl. Set aside.
- Beat butter and brown sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add molasses, egg and vanilla; mix well.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until well mixed.
- Press dough into a thick flat disk. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Roll out dough to 1/4-inch thickness on lightly floured work surface. Cut into desired men shapes with 5-inch cookie cutter.
- Place 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges of cookies are set and just begin to brown.
- Cool on baking sheets 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- Decorate cooled cookies as desired.
- Store cookies in airtight container up to 5 days.
- 110g Softened Butter
- 110g Golden Caster Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- ½ Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 110g Self-Raising Flour
- 150g Softened butter
- 300g Icing sugar
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 tbsp milk
- 12 White Marshmallows
- Black Icing Pen
- 12 Pieces Of Candied Peel
- 36 M&M’s
- 12 Matchmakers, Snapped In Half
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4 and fill a 12 cupcake tray with cases.
- Using an electric whisk beat 110g softened butter and 110g golden caster sugar together until pale and fluffy then whisk in 2 large eggs, one at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl after each addition.
- Add ½ tsp vanilla extract, 110g self-raising flour and a pinch of salt, whisk until just combined then spoon the mixture into the cupcake cases.
- Bake for 15 mins until golden brown and a skewer inserted into the middle of each cake comes out clean. Leave to cool completely on a wire rack.
- To make the buttercream, whisk 150g softened butter until super soft then add 300g icing sugar, 1 tsp vanilla extract and a pinch of salt.
- Whisk together until smooth (start off slowly to avoid an icing sugar cloud) then beat in 3 tbsp milk.
- Spoon or pipe onto the cooled cupcakes.
- Add one marshmallow to the top of each cake, drawing on eyes and mouth with a black icing pen.
- Add matchmakers as arms, M&M’s as buttons, and one candied peel to each marshmallow as a nose.
Cookies? Check. Cake Pops? Check. Snowman Cupcakes? Check. What more does your Christmas party need!?
Words: Natasha Fountain | Featured Photo: Better Homes and Gardens