It’s a very special day, it’s Friday the 13th! A day for taking extra precaution against every superstition… well, ever.
It’s a true fight for survival on this day and only the strongest will make it out. Don’t worry, we have your back. We put together a list on how to survive Friday the 13th!
1. If you spill some salt… throw some over your shoulder. You don’t need that bad juju.
2. Please for the love of superstition, do NOT break any mirrors. We won’t be there to protect you for the next 7 years.
3. Watch where you walk. If you step on a crack and break your moms back… don’t say we didn’t warn you.
4. Stay clear of all black cats! If you own one, stay out of the house. The house now belongs to them.
5. Don’t open an umbrella indoors… cause then you’re honestly just asking for it… we’re serious… no practicing Rihanna dance moves.
6. 66 (watch out, it’ll follow you).
7. Don’t walk under a ladder. We don’t know why you would do this on a normal day… but especially don’t do this on Friday the 13th.
8. ONLY PICK UP A PENNY IF IT’S HEADS UP. Trust us on this one.
9. If you say something that could possibly bring bad luck… BITCH FIND SOME WOOD AND KNOCK ON IT.
10. For your own sanity… NEVER place two mirrors across from each other. Unless you wanna have a nice long chat with Casper.
11. Carry around a (fake) rabbits foot for good luck. How is the bad juju going to know if it’s real or fake? It doesn’t.
12. Make a salt circle to keep evil away. Don’t believe us? Watch Hocus Pocus, Teen Wolf, SpongeBob and Supernatural!
13. Watch Friday the 13th. Just because you’re a badass.
So what do you think? Will you make it to the end? Not to mention that this particular Friday the 13th will feature a Full Moon. That’ll sure amp up the weird juju. How… fun?
Find us on Twitter and tell us what superstitions you follow!
Words: Jace Chiappetta | Featured Photo: Platinum Dunes / New Line Cinema